iDiv (German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research Halle-Jena-Leipzig) is a world-leading institute for
integrative biodiversity research. Its central mission is to promote theory-driven synthesis and data-driven
theory in integrative biodiversity research. The concept of iDiv encompasses the detection of biodiversity,
understanding its emergence, exploring its consequences for ecosystem functions and services, and developing
strategies to safeguard biodiversity under global change. iDiv is established as an institution in Leipzig
and is run by Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU), Friedrich Schiller University Jena (FSU) and
Leipzig University (UL) – in cooperation with the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ).
The science consortium is enhanced by the expertise of many research institutes (Max Planck Society,
Leibniz Association) and by specific member research groups.
Embedded in this active research environment, the Young BioDiversity Research Training Group (yDiv)
has been established. In the years to come, it will educate a new generation of scientists in transdisciplinary
biodiversity research, who gained expertise both in experimental as well as theoretical fields of research.
Integrated in iDiv, the Leipzig University offers the following position as soon as possible:
Scientific Coordinator of the Research Training
(initially limited until September 30, 2020, 75 % of a full-time employment) Salary: Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L
- overall coordination of the structured doctoral programme yDiv
- working on the continuous development of the training programme with the yDiv Committee
- advising and counselling doctoral researchers and coordinating the supervision process
- co-organising a course on good scientific practice for doctoral students
- coordinating the recruitment and admission procedures of doctoral researchers
- organizing events of the graduate school (retreat, workshops, symposia, summer school)
- networking with the partnering graduate academies, graduate schools and external institutions
- any other tasks and activities as part of the iDiv central management
We offer you
- a PhD in a relevant field of natural or social sciences, preferably in biodiversity science or related field
- professional experience in project management and graduate training
- good team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- experience in public relations and science communication
- a high standard of spoken and written English and German
- creativity, enthusiasm and endurance
a responsible, interesting and manifold position, room for a creative participation in coordinating
an established research training group as well as a modern, international and integrative working environment.
Applications with reference file number 215/2017
are accepted via our application portal under apply.idiv.de
Applications should be written in English and include a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, two letters of recommendation and
PhD, MA/BA/Diploma degree certificates. We prefer applications via our electronic application portal, hard copy applications can
be sent to Dr. Mari Bieri; German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research – iDiv; Deutscher Platz 5e; 04103 Leipzig.
The deadline for application submission is September 18, 2017.
For queries on the application process, please contact
Applying via email is questionable under data protection law. The sender assumes full responsibility. Severely disabled persons
are encouraged to apply and will be given preference in the case of equal suitability.