Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Department of Chromosome Biology
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Department of Chromosome Biology
Reference number: 11467
The Center for Molecular Biology (ZMB) was founded in 2007, centralizing all groups of the University of Vienna working in the field of molecular biology. To promote collaborations with the life sciences departments of the Medical University of Vienna, the Max Perutz Labs were founded in 2005.
We are looking for a scientific co-worker within the VDS (Vienna Biocenter PhD Program) for a temporary employment for 3 years. The applicant will work on meiotic recombination in Caenorhabditis elegans.
- Letter of Motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- Degree certificates
Participation in research, teaching and administration:
- Contribution to research project regarding meiotic recombination
- Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective.
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the organization of meetings, conferences, symposia.
We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months.
Master in Biology, Molecular Genetics or related fields
- Practical experience in handling the model organism C. elegans and performing ChIP experiments
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Computer literacy (MS-Office; Imaging Software)
- Ability to work in a team
In-depth knowledge of meiotic resolvases
- Experience in genetics and biochemistry
- Experience with basic bioinformatics tools
- Training in Mathematics
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Basic experience in academic writing
Main research field
Special research fields
Genetics;Cell biology;Molecular biology
Biology, Botany, Zoology
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 16.11.2020, mentioning reference number 11467.
For further information please contact Haberler, Katharina +43-1-4277-56201, Jantsch-Plunger, Verena +43-1-4277-56250.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.