Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Nanomagnetism and Magnonics
Veröffentlicht am(vor 94 Tagen)
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.10.2019 of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Nanomagnetism and Magnonics
Reference number: 9858
The “Nanomagnetism and Magnonics” Research Group under the direction of Prof. Dr. Andrii Chumak at the Faculty of Physics, University of Vienna, is a young and ambitious team that conducts internationally leading research in the fields of spintronics and magnonics. The research scope of the group encompasses magnonics, magnon spintronics, quantum magnonics at low temperatures, magnon-based data processing, and nonlinear spin-wave phenomena in nanoscale hybrid systems. We are looking for a motivated prae-doc assistant (PhD student) to extend our team. The overall aim of the position is to perform cut-edge studies of spin-wave based data processing at the nano-scale by means of numerical simulations. A typical example of such investigations is a recently presented magnonic half-adder [https://arxiv.org/abs/1902.02855]. The investigations of nonlinear spin-wave interactions on the nanoscale is of primarily importance in this context. The aim of the position assumes the prolongation of the research direction of a magnon beyond-CMOS operations with binary data [Nature Physics 11, 453 (2015)] as well as exploring of new approaches of unconventional computing including magnonic neuromorphic networks.
For further information please contact Andrii Chumak firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mastering of modern packages for numerical simulations including GPU-accelerated micromagnetic simulation program MuMax3, Object Oriented Micromagnetic Framework (OOMMF) and COMSOL Multiphysics.
- Investigations of linear and nonlinear spin-wave physics in structures of nanometers sizes.
- Search for novel approaches of wave-based data processing by means of spin wave and their evaluation.
- Collection and analysis of new data.
- Publication and presentation of scientific results in peer-reviewed journals and at
international conferences and workshops.
- Participation in research, teaching and administration.
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement.
- We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12- 18 months.
- Master in Physics with focus on magnetism, magnonics or spintronics. Listened lecture course on solid-state physics is desirable.
- General experience with approaches of numerical simulations is desirable.
- Affinity for practical work and cooperation in a multidisciplinary team.
- An interest in statistics and programming (e.g. MatLab, Mathematica, Python) crucial for data analysis.
- Initiative in finding solutions for scientific problems.
- Knowledge of principles of teaching.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
Your application should include the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available) - Short doctoral project proposal
- Degree certificates
Main research field
Special research fields
Very good knowledge
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 31.08.2019, mentioning reference number 9858.
For further information please contact Chumak, Andrii .
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Um unsere Webseite optimal gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen sowie Hinweise dazu, wie Sie die Speicherung der Cookies verhindern können, finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.