University Assistant (prae doc) at the Research Group Scientific Computing
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.01.2020 of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Research Group Scientific Computing
Reference number: 10224
The research group of Scientific Computing (Prof. Dr. Siegfried Benkner) at the faculty of computer science focuses on research in the areas of programming models, compilers, runtime systems and tools for parallel and distributed computing. The group is looking for highly motivated research assistants that aim at a PhD degree in these research areas. We are offering an excellent working environment in a young, creative and highly motivated international team.
- We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months.
- Participation in research and teaching of courses defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences and symposiums
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research adminstration
- Active contributions in acquring research grants and contracts Research foci: programming models, runtime systems, and tools for parallel computing, high performance computing, data-intensive computing, IoT/Edge/Cloud computing.
A university or college degree (at least a master's degree or equivalent): a degree in computer science is a core requirement. In addition, we are looking for candidates with excellent programming skills (C/C++, Java) as well as parallel programming skills
Experience with parallel and distributed infrastructures (multicore architectures, cluster computing, cloud computing, resource management, virtualization). Experience in international research projects and cooperations; project management skills.
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae
- List of publications
- Evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Short doctoral project proposal
- Degree certificates
Main research field
Special research fields
Mathematics, Computer Sciences
Very good knowledge
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 30.06.2020, mentioning reference number 10224.
For further information please contact Benkner, Siegfried +43-1-4277-78410.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.