CDM - Postdoc / Scientific Assistant position in Green Economy
The Chair GERG has an open position for Postdocs or Research Assistant in the field of economy and management of natural resources.
The Chair Green Economy and Resource Governance, part of the Institute of Technology and Public Policy at the College of Management
investigates the concept of green economy and resource efficiency as a strategy to protect the resource basis of societies, to
ensure long term growth and to foster business competitiveness.
- Contributing to the development of the research strategy of the group
- Planning and Conducting research projects
- Conducting project work on already running projects
- Supervising PhDs and students
- Supporting the teaching activities of the Chair
This post provides opportunities to develop new research ideas and projects, to work on existing projects and to establish
collaborative links across institutional and disciplinary boundaries.
Experience and preferred skills
What we offer
- PhD degree in Economy, Natural Sciences or Engineering
- Expertise in environment policy and/or resource management
- Strong communications, problem solving skills and interpersonal skills are important
- Capacity to work both independently and in team
- Experience in the organization, management and training of students is a plus
- Good written and spoken German and English.
- French and/or Italian is a plus
- Excellent working conditions: an innovative and competitive atmosphere, modern equipped working areas and an environment that promotes access to the world’s best scientists
- This position is available immediately and applications can be submitted until the position is filled (3 months of visa process for non EU-citizens).
- The salary will be according to the EPFL standards.
- Activity rate is variable between 50 and 100%, (can be discussed depending on final ToR).
- Place of work: Lausanne
Send an e-mail to Emanuela Mancianti
with the subject "open position" attaching in PDF Format:
- Motivation letter (including a description of relevant experience for this position and names of two referees)
- Full CV
- Copy of official degree transcripts
- 2 most significant research papers