Located in the heart of the German capital, the state-recognized
German International University (GIU)
) opens its doors to attracting global talents and opportunities. The GIU expands its campus in Berlin-Tegel as a hub for education and research cooperation with German and international partners in science and industry and to develop innovative courses of study and research. The language of instruction is English.
Faculty of Engineering
invites applications for the following position effective September 2023 (or later). Appointments are possible also for 50% of the working time.
The main aim of the engineering disciplines is to embrace promising ideas and turn them into tangible solutions that would benefit the society and impact technology. To this end, the successful applicant should actively promote graduate and undergraduate research and lead a research group in the area of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning.
To improve and complete the faculty research profile in machine learning, we are looking for an experienced researcher with a creative mentality and intellectual curiosity. All facets of machine learning are of interest for research including, but not limited to, deep Learning, reinforcement learning, machine learning theory, machine learning applied to a specific domain, scalable and effective machine learning, and human concerns about the application of machine learning, such as ethical AI.
The successful applicant will
- be responsible for courses in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing on the Bachelor and Master level
- participate in teaching, research, supervision and administrative duties
- engage in research collaboration and joint supervision with partner universities
- PhD or doctoral degree in Informatics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields from a recognized university
- Compliance with § 100 of the Berlin Law on Higher Education
- Outstanding research and teaching record in machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning and/or other AI-related topics
- Excellent scientific achievements documented by internationally recognized publications
- Track record of collaborative research as well as proven ability to attract research funding
- Excellent teaching ability and a track record of successful supervision at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
- High capacity to develop pedagogical innovations and to manage a study program
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications, teaching evaluation, projects undertaken and names of at least three referees. Inquiries and applications are to be sent to
(kindly state the job title in the subject).
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled
. For immediate consideration, submit applications until 31st of March 2023.
For more information, please visit