The Hertie School of Governance prepares exceptional students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. The School also offers experienced professionals the opportunity to deepen their skills in the field of public management. A renowned international faculty with expertise in economics, business, law, political and social science take an interdisciplinary, policy-oriented approach to the School's teaching and research agenda. The Hertie School is an international centre, with a variety of first-rate academic projects and a diverse student body. The School actively engages in public debate with its wide range of events bringing together experts from theory and practice. The School was founded in 2003 through the Hertie Foundation, which remains the major partner.
The Hertie School of Governance seeks to fill the position of a Student Assistant (m/f for the International Alumni Program
The contract duration is 1 year as of 1 February 2018 with the option of renewal. The student assistant should work between 6 and 12 hours/week.
Support the administration, management and organization of a third-party funded project for international alumni of the Hertie School. This could include:
- Administration and organization of events for international alumni (e.g. master classes, reunions)
- Management of contacts with partners and alumni
- Identification of international experts for workshops
- Translation of documents
- Preparation and management of extensive databases
- Various other related activities
- Bachelor or master’s student in a relevant field, such as international relations, social science or political science (please indicate your semester and age)
- Experience in the administration of third-party funded projects is an asset
- Business fluent in English (working language at the Hertie School) and German (preferred) in speech and writing
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- MS-Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
We offer a stimulating international and diverse environment in multiple areas of social science, high-quality teaching and public policy. The Hertie School is a vibrant academic community that emphasizes excellence in research and teaching as well as an interdisciplinary perspective. Our school has been certified as a family friendly work environment in higher education and an equal opportunity employer (see www.hertie-school.org for further information).
To apply: Please send your complete application including a CV, a cover letter and relevant certificates to email@example.com. For informal enquiries please contact Maria Bramer, Associate Alumni Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your portfolio by 07th January 2018 as a PDF file under the heading “Alumni”. Strict confidentiality is assured.
Hertie School of Governance