Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Department of Astrophysics
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Department of Astrophysics
Reference number: 11575
The University of Vienna is looking for an enthusiastic candidate for a 4-year postdoctoral position in Interstellar Medium and Star Formation. The postdoc will be part of an international team characterizing the recently discovered Radcliffe Wave, a Galactic scale gas was in the solar neighborhood. The Radcliffe Wave has a mass of about 3 million Solar masses and comprises most of the nearby star-forming regions.
The Department of Astrophysics of the University of Vienna is a thriving astronomical research center in Central Europe, with faculty investigating star and planet formation, extra-solar planets, galaxy formation and evolution, and cosmology. The department is involved in the instrumentation for the ESO ELT and several ESA missions.
Active participation in research, teaching and administration. This involves:
- Contributing to the research and teaching profile of the department in general and of the working group in particular; development of an own profile within the field
- Acquisition and management of third-party research projects
- International publications and presentation activities
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students (in particular PhD and MSc students working on ESO VISIONS data and ESA Gaia data)
- Administrative responsibilities and science management
- PhD / Doctoral degree in Astronomy/Astrophysics with a strong orientation on Interstellar Medium/Star Formation/Gaia data
- Good communication skills
- Proven ability to write refereed papers
- Good coding skills
- Ability to work in a group
Candidates with experience in multi-wavelength studies of the ISM and Star Formation and Gaia data are particularly well suited for this position.
Main research field
Special research fields
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 17.12.2020, mentioning reference number 11575.
For further information please contact Alves, Joao +43-1-4277-53810.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.