Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Department of Geography and Regional Research
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.10.2020 of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Department of Geography and Regional Research
Reference number: 11064
The Department of Geography and Regional Research is part of the Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy. For details on the Department, see https://geographie.univie.ac.at/en.
The position is assigned to the workgroup of Economic Geography and will be placed in the research area "Geography of Innovation" (with a special focus on: disruptive innovation; regional structural change, industrial dynamics and diversification; innovation and regional policies). For details on the workgroup, see https://humangeo.univie.ac.at.
- Possibility for scientific qualification (cumulative (paper-based) habilitation; venia docendi)
- International contacts and networks
- An attractive and dynamically developing research location in a city with a high quality of life and well-developed instruments for research funding
Participation in research, teaching and administration at the Department of Geography and Regional Research / in the workgroup of Economic Geography; in particular:
- International publishing activities
- Participation in research projects
- Independent research
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement (esp. on topics of economic geography)
- Supervision / support of students
- Project application and (external) fundraising
- Contribution to organization of conferences, meetings, symposiums
- Participation in evaluation activities and in quality assurance
- Examination activities
- Participation in administration of the department/workgroup
- PhD / Doctoral degree in the field of economic geography or a related discipline
- Professional competence in economic geography with a special focus on the geography of innovation
- Outstanding dissertation
- Research experience proven by refereed publications
- Experience in research management and guiding project assistants
- Experience in external fundraising
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Proven ability to work in teams
- Experience in teaching on university level
- Knowledge of university structures and processes
- Computer literacy
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda (max. 3 pages)
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
- Academic and other relevant certificates
- Writing sample (PhD thesis, international peer-reviewed articles, etc.)
Main research field
Special research fields
Human Geography, Regional Geography, Regional Planning
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 03.08.2020, mentioning reference number 11064.
For further information please contact Trippl, Michaela +43-1-4277-48720.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.