Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.01.2020 of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information
Reference number: 10297
Professor Walther’s research group is part of the Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information group at the Faculty of Physics. The group’s research focus is dedicated to photonic quantum information processing and the investigation of weak gravitational forces on quantum systems. For our further reinforcement we are looking for a University Assistant Praedoc. In order to increase the percentage of women in Physics, the announced position is open to qualified female candidates only.
- Participation in research, teaching and administration:
- Participation in research projects / research studies
- Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
- We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months.
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposiums
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration.
- Professional Competence: A master or diploma degree in physics, technical physics or equivalent qualification.
- Required skills: hands- on training in experimental physics, with a particular focus on optics.
- Methodological competence: It is highly desirable that the candidate has a good background in laser physics, quantum mechanics and other general skills for a quantum optics and information lab.
- Didactic competence: It is highly mandatory that the candidate is fluent in English (writing and language).
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- IT user skills
- Ability to work in a team
Requested application documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Short doctoral project proposal
- Degree certificates
Main research field
Special research fields
Physics, Mechanics, Astronomy
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be sumbitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 22.12.2019, mentioning reference number 10297.
For further information please contact Paulovics, Verena +43-1-4277-51240.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.